Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 365...

Well, the day is here! One year ago I began a rather uncertain journey. I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Part of me expected failure, but I proved myself wrong. I shared this little blip on facebook yesterday...A year ago today, I started a journey that I wasn't quite so confident about. 2013 was the most difficult year of my life for many reasons, but I am so proud to say that my journey was a successful one. I became awakened to a lot of roadblocks that have held me back, learned to love who I am and embrace that, and realized that I am much stronger than I have ever given myself credit for. I have become much closer to the Lord this year, have developed a greater sense of happiness in my life, and have developed a natural relationship with food. I lost 48 pounds and 38 inches in 2013, and replaced it with a whole lot of good stuff! I pray I can keep it up in 2014! Thank you all so much for your support and prayers during this journey! It has meant the world to me!
Christmas 2012
Christmas 2013
This journey is not over. I still have more to learn and more weight to lose. But, it's funny how this pathway to self discovery has taken so many turns in the last year. Starting out, I thought it was all about eating less and exercising more, but that is just one small part of the journey I am on. Through all of the twists and turns, I have had to fight the temptation to eat as a way of dealing with all of those situations and emotions. Sometimes I was able to overcome it, sometimes not, but I don't dismiss those baby steps anymore. Baby steps are still steps that get you closer to where you want to go. And, eventually, if you are patient they will get you where you need to be.
In 2013, I learned that...
Those you love will leave this world and leave a hole in your heart.
Friends are not always what they appear to be.
People you care about will mistreat you.
People who don't care about you will mistreat you even worse.
God takes His sweet time in preparing our next opportunity.
If you want them to be, your eyes can be opened to your reality. Some of it ain't pretty, though.
Every day is a struggle. One day, I have it all figured out; the next I have no idea what is going on.
Time changes people. Pay attention.
I love NYC!
Food should be enjoyed slowly, in small quantities.
Exercise is still not my favorite.
I am blessed beyond measure. On the days I am feeling sorry for myself, I should start counting.
I need to make time for me. That means I might have to feel left out or let others down.
The “unhappy voices” get quieter when I choose to think happy thoughts.
If you could end a drought with tears, I've got Texas covered.
Life is hard. Many don't have the courage to share their struggles, but I refuse to be one of them.
In 2014, I want to keep working on shaping myself into a better person, physically and mentally. But, I want to add one specific challenge this year. I want to devote more time to prayer. There is nothing in this life more important than my relationship with God, and I want to build on that.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment