Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Day 386...

I have learned that if I want to keep growing, I have to make choices that are good for me. As I get deeper into this journey, I find that I often put my own needs on the backburner for the sake of others. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but right now, focusing on myself is the most important thing. Once I have discovered a little bit more about myself, I may find I can flip the switch. However, I have found that writing this blog is taking more from me than I am getting in return. So, I have decided that this will be my last blog post.
I wanted this blog-writing thing to go a little differently. I had hoped that I would find that many other people had the same problems as me and that I would be able to start a dialogue between us. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. Naturally, my mother has been my biggest fan and commented on everything I've had to say via facebook, but I'm a big girl now, and I have to look beyond what she thinks. Although, I still value and appreciate her comments very much.
There are many things I can't divulge on the web, and I feel it would be more beneficial to me to just go old-school and continue writing in my own private journal where I can be more truthful with myself. Bottom line, I'm putting myself out there, and it's hard. Being that I am still fragile, having little to no feedback at times is detrimental to my growth. The devil can use even something good to bring me down if I let him, and I refuse to do that.

I have always wanted to be an encouragement to others and to share my experiences in hopes that someone else might not feel alone. I will continue to do that out in the world and will always be available should anyone want to talk or need advice. I plan to use my extra time to expand my prayer time with the Lord and to develop my chosen hobby of block-printing. I'm in the early stages of hand-carving my own stamps. My plan is to design stamps, carve them, print them on fabrics, and then sew something awesome out of those fabrics. My ideal goal is to start a real, thriving business doing that. You can get an idea of what I'm going for here: http://melongings.com/design-story/ Only time will tell. Either way it goes, I'm excited about having something fun to do on the side. As my Mama always tells me, “Bye. I love you. Call me if you need me.”
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)





1 comment:

  1. Erica, I bet you helped more people than u know! I think sometimes people who 'read' the blogs do just that- 'read' them, get good info, and move on to another helpful blog or such. This is good stuff though- glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete